Student's Guide to ISDC 2012
Here's the Scoop:
Youth and Full Time Student registration only for ISDC 2012 is cheap:
only $40 through April 30, and $60 through May 20. We will also have single day tickets available soon
for which you can register. We are aiming to have that option available by April 12.
Please check back soon at our Conference Registration
page for list of single day ticket prices.
- Washington, DC is centrally located and easy to reach by road, rail or air.
- It is less than a day's drive for a quarter of the nation's population.
- Non-stop flights to DC are available from major cities across the country.
- There are three major airports in DC: Reagan National (DCA - Metro rail accessible), Dulles (IAD -
Metro bus available), and Marshall Baltimore-Washington (BWI - Metro bus and MARC train accessible).
Both Dulles and BWI are international airports, although Reagan has begun receiving some international
flights as well. If time is more important than money, use DCA.
- It is also possible to arrive by bus or train. Many bus lines serve the DC area
and especially inexpensive fares are available from New York City, Philadelphia, and
Baltimore on regional carriers such as Bolt Bus and Mega Bus. Amtrack service is also
- The hotel is conveniently located near all Metro lines. The Metro Center Station
(Blue, Orange, and Red Lines) can be reached from the hotel lobby and the
Gallery Place - Chinatown Station (Yellow and Green Lines) is three blocks away.
- For more information about Washington D.C. Metro and other public transportation options, please visit
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority Website.
- Rental cars, Zipcars and local point-to-point bike rentals are available.
- The conference hotel (Grand Hyatt Washington) "Conference Rate" per night will be $170.61 including all taxes.
- Hotel internet access will be available for $10.99/day.
- There are several well-rated hostels advertising rates as low as $24/day within a few blocks of the hotel, including:
Important Message to Attendees Under 18 Years of Age
All persons under the age of 18 desiring to attend ISDC must have their parent/guardian
Waiver of Liability and Medical Authorization for Students (download the form here)
Student Medical Information (download the form here).
Students who do not have this information on file with National Space Society
headquarters by May 15, 2012, will NOT be given their registration
badges and will NOT be permitted to participate in the
Conference in any way. If there is any possibility you will attend ISDC, even if you do
not have your Visa yet, we strongly recommend that you have these forms completed and send
them – before May 15, 2012 – by email or fax to: National Space Society, [email protected] or
202-530-0659. You should also bring a copy of the forms with you to be presented at the
Registration Desk, just in case there is any problem.
- The SEDS chapter assembly is planned for either Saturday, May 26th or Sunday May 27th, 2012. Check back for details.
- Bring enough business cards to spread around
*Fine Print. Youth less than age 23 or full-time student (undergraduate and graduate) with current ID
are eligible for the Youth and Student Rates. For full-time student rates, we reserve the
right to ask for verification of your full time student status.